Cinnamon and honey Keto bread
If you want to eat Keto, but your inner Oprah keeps screaming, “I LOVE BREAD,” we have just the solution. For many people, their love of bread goes beyond simple carb reliance; bread is a staple in most diets and a nice comfort food to indulge in. Good news is: you can eat Keto AND bread! Thanks to the man himself, Mark Sisson—author of The Keto Reset Diet—, he’s found a way to satisfy those bread cravings without knocking you out of Ketosis. Check out his recipe for some cinnamon and honey Keto bread below.
Cinnamon & Honey Keto Bread
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon egg white protein powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Let’s get cooking!
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly grease an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Make it easier for yourself in the end and line the bottom of the pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, egg yolks, egg white protein powder, butter, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and honey.
- Process just until the ingredients come together into a ball of dough.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar. Whisk until the egg whites are big and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Pour 1/3 of the egg whites in the food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Add another 1/3 of the egg whites and pulse until combined into a wet batter.
- Move the dough from the food processor into the bowl with the remaining egg whites. Use a spatula to gently fold the egg whites into the dough. Continue folding in until there are no white streaks. Be gentle; the air in the egg whites can help the dough rise into a loaf with a light texture.
- Scrape the batter into your loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let your bread cool for 30 minutes before moving th loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
This bread keeps for 1 or 2 days on the counter with a light towel over it. If you’d like to keep it around longer, you can keep it for 3 to 5 days by wrapping it lightly in a towel inside a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Feel free to customize this recipe using different flavors. We added in some vanilla extract to our cinnamon and honey bread. You could even replace the cinnamon and honey with garlic and herbs to use on sandwiches. Regardless of how you make it, we recommend enjoying with a healthy serving of butter! So go ahead and give eating Keto a try; you can still enjoy bread to make the transition a little easier.