Ketogenic soft pretzels
Going keto doesn’t have to mean giving up your favorite foods; it just means you have to get a little creative. Ketogenic baking takes a little getting used to since you can’t use flour or sugar. Almond four, coconut flour, mozzarella cheese, Stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and lots of butter are handy staple ingredients for the majority of keto baking recipes.
We wanted to share one of our all time favorite recipes, keto soft pretzels. These are so, so good—it’s hard to believe they only have 3 grams of carbs! This recipe was created by Gerri from My Keto Kitchen, and we promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Cream Cheese
- 1.5 cups of Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Xanthum Gum
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Yeast
- 2 tablespoons of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of melted Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Pretzel Salt
- Preheat oven to 390ºF.
- Place mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until fully melted and almost liquid.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow it to sit and activate for 2 minutes.
- In a stand mixer (using dough hook attachment), place the almond flour and anthem gum and mix well.
- Add the eggs, yeast mixture, and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the hot melted cheese to the stand mixer and allow it to knead the dough until all the ingredients are fully combined (should take only 5-10 minutes).
- Split the dough into 12 balls. The dough is easiest to work with while it is warm.
- Roll each ball into a long skinny log and twist into a pretzel shape. Place on a line cookie sheet and give a little space for the pretzels to rise.
- Brush the pretzels with the remaining butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pretzels when they are golden brown.
These delicious pretzels are best if enjoyed the same day, but can easily be stored in the fridge. Microwave the pretzels for 30 seconds and enjoy the next day! We hope you enjoy, and as always, stay posted for more recipes.